Do you have someone in your family with Special Needs and want to travel to a Disney destination, but you aren’t quite sure how Disney can accommodate your needs?
As the mother of two children with varying special needs, I understand the necessity of making sure that everyone in your family will enjoy any planned vacation. In our family, we have to plan our vacation with the following limitations in mind: sensory processing difficulties, physical limitations that prohibit standing for long periods of time, skin allergies, and dietary concerns.
To start with, we generally go to Disneyland or Walt Disney World at off-peak times when crowds and pricing can be lower. To combat some of my son’s sensory problems, we bring earmuffs (like you can find in a sporting goods store) to deaden some of the noise. This proves helpful during parades, shows, and fireworks. Even with the earmuffs, fireworks are still more than my son can handle, so we find a spot outside of the park to watch the fireworks from.
The last time we went to Walt Disney World, I broke out, presumably, from the chemicals that the linens were washed in. Now, I make a request that the Disney resort hotel rinses the linens a second time without chemicals so that I don’t break out again. It is nice that Disney provides this service for those of us with allergies.
Whether it is a vegetarian diet, gluten-free diet, or other dietary allergies, Disney Parks are the best place to eat. One time, when we ate at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World, the chef came out to ask us about our dietary issues. After talking to us about what we could and couldneat, he went to the kitchen and prepared what was probably the best dish of our entire trip.
This is just a small peek at what resources Disney Parks offer to those who need a little extra assistance. I would be happy to talk with you and recommend options based on your individual situation!
Why would you want to book your trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner?
- I will book your trip at the best price that Disney has available at the time and will watch for discounts to come out and apply them to your reservation if applicable.
- I will help you with suggestions of resources that Disney offers based on your special needs.
- The Magic For Less Travel offers booking bonuses to clients who book a Disneyland or Walt Disney World vacation package. This bonus varies depending on the cost of the vacation booked and the destination.
- Receive a shipboard credit of up to 5% of the price of your 2011 or 2012 when you book your Disney Cruise with The Magic For Less Travel. New reservations only.
- All this at no cost to you!
Email me at Naomi@themagicforless.com to book your trip. Already booked directly with Disney, email me to find out how to transfer your booking. I look forward to hearing from you!
Disclosure: Naomi and The Magic for Less are my Relevant Conference sponsors for this year. Please contact Naomi for all of your Disney travel arrangements. Thank you!