J is done with her work for the year! 8th grade is over, and she is looking forward to high school.
Yes, she is going to high school. Yes, I would prefer she and P (11th in the fall) were home, but at this point I’m okay with them in school, as long as things go well and we don’t have problems with attitudes or other issues. So here’s the grand finale of courses she completed:
Integrated Arithemetic & Basic Algebra
- by Bill Jordan & William Palow (a Community College algebra textbook–Saxon spent too much time on old skills and not enough practice on new ones for J!)
- (Completed through Chapter 2, which is exactly where I wanted her to be!- That’s roughly half way through Algebra 1.)
Easy Grammar Plus
Wordly Wise Book 5
BJU American Republic
Switched on Schoolhouse Washington State History
- (COMPLETED! HER FINAL PROJECT ON A TRIP FOR TWO THROUGH WASHINGTON WAS AMAZING!!)
- Acrylic Painting: She completed three nice paintings, two of which are old (1940’s) bubblegum advertisements. They turned out SO great! When I get time I’ll scan them and show them to you.
- Science & Spanish (both outsourced to a PPP): She did very well on both of her finals, and is looking forward to aceing Spanish at the high school next year.
UPDATE FOR THE BOYS
- SUMMER 2008:
- Starting 6/16/08~
- I will begin homeschooling D1 & D2, once again. My husband has consented to allowing me to do this ‘for the summer’, and it is my hope that, if all goes well, he will let me continue with them in the fall. I have turned to the Lord and He has heard my cries; I know that my Redeemer lives! While I was on my knees, confessing to my Father my lack of faith in Him with regard to my teaching D1, He spoke to me. Not audibly, but directly to my heart, and I know that it was Him.
- He said, “I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten.” I know this is Scripture, and I was taken aback because of the reference to years of locusts, but I continued to pray and realized what He meant. The years we spent, wasted years, with the Parent Partnership Program. The years that I handed control of our schooling and our lives over to the public education system. The years which I surrendered faith in God to meet our needs in the area of curriculum.
- I have faith that God will do what He promised me that he would.
We will be leaning heavily on Ms. Charlotte Mason this summer, and following Ambleside Online Year One curriculum. Specifics can be seen on My Curriculum page.