OUR SCHOOL CALENDAR
We do school three months on, and one month off. We take off the months of December, April, and August. I guess you could call it “year round schooling” but I just like to think of them as strategically placed vacation breaks.
OUR CURRICULUM 2012-2013, Grades 5 & 7 (adapted)
- Teaching Textbooks Math 6 (D1) and Math 5 (D2)
- Timez Attack! and Division Attack!
- Winston Grammar
- Excellence in Writing Student Writing Intensive Level A
- Spelling City.com
- Handwriting Without Tears Cursive Handwriting
- All American History and Junior AAH, Volume 1
- Illuminations Year 4
- some keyboarding program?
- Brainware Safari (D1)
- WonderMaps geography software
- English From the Roots Up, Volume 1
- Piano for Life (D1)
- Co-op Classes: Beginning Spanish, Elections class, & Apologia Botany
- Karate classes 2x/week
Mom’s 2012 Reading List
The nice thing about teaching my kids is that I get the chance to learn what I want to learn, too. Now I can read books I never read in school, and give myself the education that I never had access to. I am working my way slowly through either reading or listening to the Classics, as well as reading poetry, which I’ve never really done before either. This list will probably become quite long, as I plan to keep track of all of the books that I read this year and cross them off as I finish.
A Charlotte Mason Educationby Catherine Levison The Bible in 90 DaysCompleted 4/4/12 More Charlotte Mason Educationby Catherine Levison
- The Hunger Games Trilogy
Jane Eyreby Charlotte Bronte (audio)
- Jesus Calling daily devotional
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Emily Dickinson’s Poems One
- Emily Dickinson’s Poems Two and Three
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Forgotten God by Francis Chan
- Erasing Hell by Francis Chan
- Wrecked by Jeff Goins
- The Sword by Brian Litfin
Disclosure: This page contains one or more affiliate links. A purchase through one of these links will contribute a small amount to support this site, and you will have my sincere thanks!