Oh where do I begin? There are so many things!
1. I am more patient than I thought that I was. “I’m not patient enough” is usually the first excuse to NOT homeschool that I hear from people.
2. I struggle with following through on big projects. I need goals and due dates.
3. Boys are fun! When I let them pull me out of my comfort zone to do “boy things” I always have a good time.
4. I like to read a lot more than my kids do. They don’t even like to have me read TO them for more than about 15 minutes.
5. Sometimes it’s the little things that mean the most. Like when my 5 year old read a sentence for the first time without help, and smiled up at me. *melt*
6. I’m not afraid of math any more. I was growing up, but after teaching elementary and middle school math for 15 years, I just get it. It’s no longer a foreign language!
7. My kids and I do not have the same learning styles. At all. And I actually know what learning styles are.
8. If we fail to plan, we don’t get anything done. I have to have a lesson plan at least roughed out each day.
9. A well-rested, recently exercised Momma is a calm, happy Momma. Coffee helps too.
10. I love spending time with my kids. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love our life.