A new school year brings much excitement, both for kids and for moms. For homeschoolers, it is no less exciting! We have the unique position, not to be preparing to send our children away all day to school, but to be strategic and purposeful in our daily lives WITH our children. Right now it’s hard for me to get excited about the new school year because we are still working on finishing our current one! Soon we will take 5 or 6 weeks off and then come back ready to start again. I did see school supplies being stocked at the store today, and who ISN’T excited about those!?
With this, I give you 10 reasons to be excited about the new school year:
1. Getting back on a daily schedule.
2. Santa will come! Er, I mean UPS, the USPS, and FedEx! Boxes will be arriving, brimming with long awaited books and other goodies!
3. “I’m bored” goes away.
4. The planning is over and it’s game time.
5. Bedtimes reinstated!
6. When your kids answer Dad’s “What did you do today” with “Nothing”, he’ll know they aren’t telling the truth.
7. A fresh batch of dry erase markers. (Am I alone in my excitement over these?!)
8. The smell of new books.
9. Blank lesson planner blocks to fill with new ideas.
10. Co-op classes begin again!
This post is part of the 10-in-10 series over at iHomeschool Network.com!