I’m starting a fitness and nutrition challenge on Monday, at the gym I go to. It’s not your ordinary gym. Not the Y. Not a 24-hour place. They do only one thing but they do it well: High Intensity Interval Training. That is actually a huge combination of many activities but overall, HIIT is a specialized training program. The challenge I’m joining is a special program they do quarterly.
We work in small classes, usually 5-15 people, with a personal trainer. You can’t just come and go and no one notices. You don’t sit on a stationary bike and read a book while you leisurely pedal, being completely ignored by the other patrons… partially because they don’t HAVE bikes but mainly because everyone there is there to get fit. They care that you meet your goals, and encourage you to do so. I like to say it this way (and it might be a little blunt for some of you)–
They kick your ass but they’re really nice about it. 🙂
So here are my reasons for joining this very scary, intense 12 week “Survivor’s Challenge”:
1. I don’t want to be a fat mom.
2. I’m a wimp and don’t like it.
3. I hate the 2:00 sleepies. It never fails. They hit me every afternoon.
4. I want to learn to eat better not just to lose weight, but for life… as in, the rest of it.
5. I have never been “into” exercise and I know that has hindered me.
6. My current weight puts me in the obese category. That’s a rude awakening, let me tell you.
7. We are planning a trip to Hawaii, and this body hasn’t been bikini ready since before I had kids.
8. Legs. Really nice ones.
9. I’m over 40 and I would like to see 80.
10. I want to look hot in a little black dress. 😉
11. Friends say “there’s no way you’re that heavy!” But I am.
12. I lost weight on Weight Watchers once. 55# in six months, and kept it off for three years without exercise. Trouble is, without exercise, my body still didn’t feel healthy.
13. Curves in all the right places.
14. Not getting winded when I exert myself.
15. Currently a size 12. Should be a 6.
16. I want to have a waistline that’s smaller than my hip width.
17. My face looks young for my age. My body should match.
18. I am an example to my kids, good or bad, of what a healthy lifestyle looks like. Or doesn’t.
19. I need to break my sugar addiction.
20. The only way I will really feel good about myself is if I give everything I’ve got and make my goals become reality.
21. I don’t want to be a supermodel (as if!!) or become a female bodybuilder. I just want a healthy, fit body that can withstand the activity that two teen boys will throw at me and still have the energy to keep going with my family throughout the evening.
22. Life should be an adventure! How adventurous are you when you sit on the couch watching Netflix?
23. I want to be arm candy for my hubby. 🙂
24. Hawaii. Had to say it again!