1. When I read your blogs, ebooks, and Facebook notes I proofread you. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors jump out at me. I can’t help it. It’s a sickness.
2. I’m a closet Deadhead. Yes it is possible to love Jesus AND the Grateful Dead. No, there is no struggle between the two. Jesus is my Lord and the Dead is my almost guilty pleasure.
3. I go for comfort over style when it comes to shoes. My teenage daughter is helping me in the area of style, but I refuse to wear her stilettos.
4. I dream of taking not vacations, but mission trips. All over the world. I find the cost of a vacation very hard to swallow, when there is so much need in the world. If I’m going to go, I want to have a purpose for going. This is not to say I will never take a vacation. My husband is seriously pushing for one in the near future.
5. My closest friend and I discovered we have ties clear back to high school, two states away. We met a year ago, and we both live in Eastern Washington. Soon after we met, we discovered that we attended the same high school in Morro Bay, California, although she was 5 years behind me. We have tried to figure out if we knew any of the same people there, but came up empty… until about a month ago when we realized that her very best friend in high school is the younger sister of my former best friend and roommate of 2 years! Talk about a small world!
6. I’m going to the Allume Conference and if you’re going too, I’d love to meet you!
7. I fell in love with writing when I was 12. My 7th grade Advanced English teacher, Mrs. Gingrich, was my hero. I learned more about reading and writing from her in 7th and 8th grade than in all the rest of my school years combined.
8. I run, or try to. I’ve run two 12k races (Bloomsday 2011 and 2012) but haven’t run much at all since the race this year. I have no excuse.
9. I love action and adventure movies. My Dad indoctrinated me with shows like The A-Team, McGyver, and Fall Guy, and movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. It’s never gone away. I’ll take a good action or adventure movie over a “chick flick” any day. If it’s a good combination of the two though, I’m game.
10. I talk a lot. If we meet at Allume and strike up a conversation, please don’t let me monopolize it.
This post is part of the 10-in-10 series over at iHomeschool Network.com!