I saw a post over at Parenting, Illustrated with Crappy Pictures, and had to answer with a post of my own. She detailed a list of (tongue in cheek) things she wishes she had to help with parenting her kids. At the close of the post, she asks what we wish we had. I answered with one, and then a whole bunch more came to my mind (hence, this post.)
For your reading pleasure, I give you my Top 10 Products for Parents that I WISH They’d Made:
- Seatbelts with harnesses for all shopping carts. We’re past this stage, but I can’t tell you how many times I caught toddlers standing up in those seats!
- An autoreply app to answer “Why” questions from 4-year olds. Because they don’t actually want to KNOW why, they just want to ASK why.
- A big yellow triangular sign that reads “Caution: Tantrum in Progress” to display on the floor or hang from the shopping cart. As I walk away from said screaming child.
- A pacifier retrieval system that didn’t involve practically hanging my infant from a clip and a ribbon.
- Night vision glasses for getting up with infants in the middle of the night. Why make them think it’s daytime by using lights? Oh right. Baby poop on your hands.
- A gauge for kids to see when Momma’s reaching her maximum patience level, with an alert sound that tells them to STOP. NOW.
- A list of all the stores with public bathrooms, and locations. Because “I need to go potty” has a whole new urgency when they’re 2 or 3!
- Or BETTER YET: A brightly colored sign on the entrance door of every store with directions to their bathroom.
- Velcro crib sheets and footie pajamas. “Goodnight sweetheart! See you in the morning!”
- A “kid damaged” forgiveness category for library books to remove fines.
So what’s on your WISH list?
This week only, April 2-4, the fantastically helpful ebook, 28 Days to Hope For Your Home is on sale for only $3!! Use the code SPRING to get it!
Not for the Mildly Disorganized, this book will help you start to take on your house and change some of those habits that are making you feel defeated. Take 28 days and just do it. 28 Days to Hope for Your Home!!